In the history, people shopped on streets, in bazaars or commercial areas. But it was challenging to transport the purchased goods. At the same time, it was not possible to get a lot of different options other than the goods the merchants had. Therefore, it was not possible make price comparisons with similar products. Your risk to buy a low-cost product from a high price was high.
Today, there are multiple advantages of shopping. These advantages increased with the internet. Now, you can immediately buy the product you want and get it delivered on your door.
E-commerce in total retail market in Turkey was 4.1% in 2017. This was 5.3% in 2018. This ratio was below the e-commerce average of other developing countries.Source – E-commerce Information Platform
What Are The Advantages of Online Shopping Over Traditional Shopping?
- You can compare the quality and price of the product you want to purchase with similar products.
- You don’t have to spend hours in the shops and you can find your product among thousands of websites when you sit at home.
- Online shopping offers more options than traditional shopping.
- You can follow the discounts and campaigns and purchase the product you are looking for with a more affordable price.
- You can send gifts or gift cards to your loved ones who live far away.